Legislative & Governmental Affairs
The professionals at Metz, Husband & Daughton have successfully represented clients before the Florida Legislature and the state’s executive branch for decades, with combined experience of over 100 years. Our Firm includes attorneys and lobbyists who understand the complexities and nuances of the legislative and regulatory process and have the substantive knowledge required to effectively advocate on behalf of our clients. This experience enables us to guide our clients through the maze of legislation, regulation, and appropriations that govern their respective businesses and industries, and to ultimately assist our clients in achieving their desired results. Our legislative and governmental affairs services include:
- advising and consulting clients on legislative strategies and developing issues
- identifying strategic interest alliances and coordinating interest groups
- drafting legislation and amendments to filed bills
- building and maintaining close relationships and alliances with legislative delegations
- advising on public affairs, consensus building and grassroots advocacy
- advising on the impacts of change in relevant laws
- assisting in all aspects of developing and executing government business
- engaging in other traditional lobbying activities
The Firm represents a broad range of legislative clients, from statewide trade associations to governmental entities to Fortune 500 companies. We stay well versed in our clients legislative and regulatory issues by constantly researching current developments in all areas of public policy including: health care, telecommunications, economic development, tort reform, construction, pari-mutuel wagering, insurance, tax and local government law.
We are committed to providing our clients with the best representation possible by using our experience, knowledge, and reputation to achieve the clients' desired legal, legislative, and regulatory goals.